Friday 30 September 2011

Who Are You & Why Are You Here?

Hello everyone, my name is Hollie Knapp-Fisher and I am a first year student at St. Lawrence College Kingston. I am studying Advertising – Integrated Marketing Communications. This week I was assigned by my “writing for marketing communications” professor to start my own blog. 

My first impression? Absolutely not! No one wants to hear what I have to say. Who cares about a small town Brockville girl’s opinion? What would I even talk about anyway? Fortunately in my moment of panic a voice of reason set in. No one is going to care about what you have to say if you don’t care yourself. I needed to dedicate myself / my time to my classes so I could develop a strong opinion and have a voice worth listening to. 

We were then gifted with the presence of a past St. Lawrence College student and avid blogger Brook the marketing man ( http://www.marketingman.ca/blog/  ). He spoke about the power of blogging and the opportunities that it could present us with.

Honestly, I was skeptical at first that blogging was going to be anything more than just another assignment, but after hearing all of the door’s that were opened by this medium I have become very intrigued.  From here on out I vow to not only try to stay open minded to new opportunities but to venture forth on this blogging extravaganza! 

No comments:

Post a Comment