Wednesday 5 February 2014

PodCamp 2014

In the past 3 years of my time at St.Lawrence College in the Advertising Marketing Communications Management program I have been given some amazing opportunities. Everything from going to New York City for Pivot Con to competing at the Ontario Colleges Marketing Competition in Windsor. Each experience has taught me the value of attending these networking events and actively perusing opportunities to expand my learning.

Recently the idea of PodCamp has traveled across our classroom. After doing a little bit of research of what PodCamp really was it was clear that this would be another opportunity to grow, learn and expand my network.

PodCamp is being held in Toronto on February 22 in the form of an un-conference. A number of different topics will be introduced and discussed by industry leaders in the social and digital realm. We are even lucky enough to have two students presenting a topic at the conference.

There are a number of reasons I am interested in attending PodCamp th
is year. First is the fact that this is my last year of formal education. Although I know I will have opportunities like this once I enter the working world. I want to ensure I take all the opportunities offered to me. Next is the forward thinking during the sessions with industry leaders. This type of thinking is stimulates great discussion and expands upon the learning we do in class. Finally I am looking forward to meeting the SLC Alumni and discuss with them about their "after college" adventure. These are people who were in my shoes less than 5 years ago and are having huge success in the industry. They know the ins and outs of making the transition from student to working professional – which I must admit I’m a bit nervous about myself. 

I’ve booked my ticket and started making arrangements for my stay. I can’t wait for this experience to begin! I am sure it will not only meet my expectations but also beat them as these opportunities usually do. Bring on the learning, networking and ultimately great time!

Want to join me at Podcamp this year? Click here to register!

No comments:

Post a Comment